Access Statement for The Stable at Wernddofn, Boncath
The Stable is a converted stone barn – a self catering cottage in the large courtyard of Wernddofn. This statement will hopefully provide as much information as possible but please do contact us if you have any further queries. Anne and Tony look forward to giving you a warm, Wernddofn Welcome – Croeso!
We have an extensive website which is updated on a regular basis – it offers pictures and information about the cottage and area.
· Enquires/bookings can be made via email, phone or post. There is an online booking service available.
· Written directions to Wernddofn are provided when a booking confirmation is sent
· The nearest bus stop is in the village of Boncath 1 mile away.
· The nearest train station is at Clunderwen 14.6 miles away (SA66 7NG)
· The nearest RADAR toilet is in Crymych 3.91miles away (SA41 3RJ)
· The nearest Taxi service is 1.5 miles away (Home James Taxi s)
· We can take delivery of shopping ordered via the internet prior to your arrival.
· We can light the log burner prior to your arrival
Arrival and car parking
· Our long, private drive is accessed from a narrow, unclassified lane.
· There is a prominent Wernddofn sign to the left side of the wide gate and there is a cattle grid as you enter the tarmac drive.
· Our private drive is on a gently sloping gradient with a slightly steeper gradient on the sharp right hand bend encountered before arriving in our large, concreted (non-working) farm courtyard.
· The Stable – Ystabl – is adjacent to Wernddofn house and has ample parking right outside. This immediate area in front of the cottage is level concrete) and is approx. 12.5 mts x 6.5 mts
· Sensored soffit lighting will operate as soon as dusk falls – this lighting can be kept on indefinitely while unloading luggage etc. in the dark.
· We personally welcome your arrival and can assist with luggage etc. if required.
· There is a small, natural slate step 19cm high and 23cm deep, up to the door with a threshold of 5cm high.
· The door is 92cm wide and 190cm high – is hinged on the left (on entering). The keyhole is 106cm high and the door handle is 118cm high.
· The front door opens into the lounge area of the open plan living space on the ground floor. There is a light switch on the wall to the right as you enter.
· There is a mat well in the floor with a choir door mat inset.
· The floor is pine floorboards
Kitchen, Dining area and Lounge area
· To the left as you enter the cottage is the kitchen/dining area through a large arched opening of 172cm wide.
· On the wall to the right of the arch in the dining room area is the central heating control which is set at 1.5m high
· There is a pine dresser here and to the other side of this is a fire extinguisher (floor level) and a fire blanket on the wall is 1.5m high
· The floor is all on one level changing from pine floorboards in the lounge are to non-slip ceramic tiles in the kitchen/dining area.
· The kitchen roll top work surfaces are 92cm high.
· The oven door is drop down, height of the lowest shelf is 43cm from floor level and can be accessed from the front and side.
· Sink is 92cm high
· Ceramic hob is 92cm high
· Halogen spotlights over the kitchen area and there is under cupboard lighting as well as lighting underneath the cooker hood.
· Fridge with small 4* freezer with the highest shelf in the fridge at 8cm high
· Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces.
· The dining table measures 120cm x 91cm with a leg at each corner and is moveable – has under space of 60cm. Free space between table and dresser/walls is a min of 50cm and a max of 92cm (on 3 sides) – open to freespace on the 4th side of 2.4m 2.5m which is clear of doors, walls and furniture.
· Dining chairs have no arms and the seats are 45cm high with padded cushions. There are a further 4 chairs upstairs in the bedroom if needed.
· Lounge furniture is all non- feather and moveable. Flooring is pne floorboards.
· There is a double sofa and armchair with seats 44cm high. The rocking chair seat is 42cm high.
· The TV has a flatscreen with a built-in DVD player - remote controlled and offers Freesat viewing.
· There is an Orange network mobile phone for guest use.
· There is a security night light by the front door that will operate in a power cut and can be used as a torch.
· The staircase leads from the lounge and is 80cm wide - steps 20cm high and the handrail/banister is 92cm high. There are 6 steps up to the turn with 3 winders and then another 2 steps to the landing.
· The landing is 86cm x 2m 26cm. The banister rail is 92cm high.
· The stairs and landing are plain pine wood and pine floorboards.
· There us a security night light by the bathroom door that will operate in a power cut and can be used as a torch.
Bedrooms and bathroom
· All the doors to the bedrooms and bathroom are 94cm wide and 195cm high with the latch handle at 112cm high. They have a threshold of 2cm high. Flooring to bedrooms and landing is pine floorboards.
· The door to Bedroom 1 is hinged on the right (on entering) and the freespace over to the door (fire exit) is 7 paces. This door is 94cm wide and 176cm high – half glazed – the handle is 106cm high and the door is hinged on the left (on exit). Freespace from the end of the bed to opposite wall is 2.40m x 1m,
· The double bed has 4’ 6’’ mattress - is 60cm high to the top of the mattress (comfort sprung) with 83cm of space to the right of the bed and 75cm to the left of the bed.
· Pillows are hypo allergenic with 100% cotton anti dust mite down proof casing and white duck down and feather filling
· Duvet is microfibre polyester filling and the bedding is polyester cotton.
· All bedding and mattresses have waterproof covers.
· The main room light has a switch at the door and there are bedside/dressing table lights with inline switches.
· There is a security night light by the dressing table that will operate in a power cut and can be used as a torch.
· Bathroom door is hinged on the left (on entering) with the pedestal washbasin on the left 105cm from doorway – basin 76cm high.
· To the right is the bath with shower over – thermostat controlled pressure shower. The bath is 55cm high and has fitted hand rails either side. Max height of shower head is 187cm
· The toilet is directly ahead as you enter the bathroom – the seat is 42cm high with 60cm space to the right and 41cm to the left.
· Freespace in the bathroom is 96cm x 156cm and the flooring is anti-slip vinyl.
· There is a wall mounted towel radiator and a pine stool below – the seat is 46cm high.
· Bedroom 2 has twin pine beds (3’ mattress) – one side of each bed is against the wall and there is 75cm between them.
· The bed heights are 56cm to the top of the sprung mattress.
· 2 Pillows are polyester filled, the other two are hypo allergenic - with 100% cotton anti dust mite down proof casing and white duck down and feather filling
· The bedding is either percale or polyester cotton – the quilts have microfiber polyester filling.
· The main switch for the room is by the door and there are two side lamps with inline switches – one on the bedside table between the beds and the other on the dressing table.
· There is a security light by the wardrobe which will operate if there is a power cut and can be used as a torch.
· Freespace is 2m x 2.5m.
· There is a front loading washer/dryer in the kitchen area under the worktop beside the sink unit. A clothes airer is in the cupboard under the stairs and there is a rotary drying line in the garden behind the cottage.
Grounds and garden
· There is a fully enclosed private garden to the rear of the cottage that is grassed (uneven) and has a raised flowebed . The garden can be accessed from the left side of the cottage down wide and deep, shallow steps of slate chippings and wooden sleepers. It can be accessed from Wernddofn garden also where there are no steps but it is uneven ground of part concrete and grass.
· Attached to the left of the cottage is an original stone staircase that goes to the double bedroom. This can be used as a fire escape. The steps are uneven and of different heights. There is a railing enclosing the staircase.
· There is a level concrete patio/bar-b-q area to the right of the cottage with a picnic bench which has fixed bench seats and there is a large round patio table and chairs (with arms) in the garden.
· Adjacent to the cottage in the courtyard is a barn ( an access key is supplied) which can be used for safe storage of sports equipment, drying outdoor clothes etc. Dogs are welcome to sleep / stay in here. Access to the barn is over concrete on a slight incline with the immediate area in front of the barn being level.
· There is an outside tap on the front of this barn and another one can be found on the back wall of Wernddofn (in the courtyard).
· Wernddofn has 2 large grassed fields – one accessed from the courtyard and the other from the cottage garden. They are both moderately sloping and are uneven. (Occasionally they might have livestock in them). Guests are welcome to use the fields.
· Dogs are welcome at The Stable.
· The cottage is non-smoking inside.
· There are folders with equipment instructions, places of interest, walks/cycle routes, and a comprehensive folder of places of interest and days out.
· There is a cot, highchair, stair gate, basic pushchair and baby back carrier available on request.
· We have a Garmin Etrex handheld GPS unit for guests to borrow during their stay.
· Address: Tony and Anne Nelson, Wernddofn, Boncath, Pembrokeshire SA37 0LA
· Telephone: 01239 841276
· Mobile No: 0798 987 0045
· Website: www.wernddofn.co.uk
· Hours of operation: Open all year
· Anne has attended ‘A Sense of Place’ workshop (Visit Wales Training) and is a member of the Pembrokeshire Tourism Trade Association.
· Anne is attempting to learn the beautiful Welsh language and will endeavour to use greetings etc. wherever she can.
. Both Anne and Toy have attended a Disability Awareness trade day to help with their plans for the cottage that will be available
For a quests with a variety of disabilities.
· Gardens and outside area to be further landscaped and planted
· We plan to convert our ‘long barn into two more self catering cottages.
· The other end of the long barn we plan to convert into a gift / craft shop with a workshop upstairs.
· Work is underway for converting our ‘top barn’ into another 2 holiday lets – the bigger one being suitable to cater for a range of disabilities
Your comments are welcome anytime by contacting us via Telephone, Email or Post
April -2009 - Updated September 2011